26 Jul How to Set Up Your Business Listing on Yelp
So we’ve told you about Disappearing Reviews on Yelp and have shown you the Hierarchy of Yelp from the standpoint of consumers; but all of this is meaningless if your business hasn’t made its way to Yelp. Let’s backtrack a bit – we want to let you know why WebPunch believes that your business needs to have a Yelp presence. Not to sound too cliché but …You want to be where everybody knows your name.
We all know that Yelp helps people find the best local businesses. What you may not know is this; rather than searching the entire Internet for results, Yelp produces search results from within its own directory. Yelp gives you search results based on business listing information (name, category, address, phone number, etc), user-generated reviews, and other user-generated content.
Yelp has a few visitors each month – only an average of 142 million or so. What?! That’s a lot of people that could potentially find your business on Yelp! And guess how many reviews have been posted to Yelp? 127 million to be almost exact – you know, give or take a few hundred thousand. It’s kind of a big deal — so if your business isn’t listed on the all-important web directory called Yelp, it’s time to get a move on!
Here are some super simple steps to help you get started:
- Go to https://biz.yelp.com/
- Enter your business name plus your city/state and then click the red “Get Started” button.
3. If you see your business name and it says “Unclaimed” next to it, click the red “Claim this business” button. If your business doesn’t come up in a search, go to step # 4.
After you’ve clicked the “Claim this business” button, you will be directed to a page where you can create a free business user account.
4. If your business doesn’t come up in a search, you’ll need to scroll to the very bottom of your search results. Next to where it says “Can’t find your business?” click the red “Add Your Business to Yelp” button.
5. Fill in all of the details about your business. Make sure to include your business name, address, phone number, website, business hours, and business categories.
6. Once you have claimed or added your listing and submitted all pertinent information about your business to Yelp, you will receive an email asking you to confirm your email address..
Once your business submission has been approved by yelp, you’ll be able to add even more details about your business, including business photos (people shop with their eyes!), business owner information, business specialties (what sets you apart?), and the history of your business (because people love a good story!). You can also receive messages and requests from Yelp users, respond to reviews, and track activity on your page. Believe it or not, Yelp will also show you who recently called your business from a mobile phone, who has mapped directions to your location, and who has clicked through to your website.
Yelp gives you a TON of information just by claiming or adding your business, not to mention the additional business you’ll get now that you’re coming up in a Yelp search. Don’t wait another minute! Get rollin’ on Yelp today!